Rockford Fosgate Punch 400a4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Remove Q408. Do you lose the DC?

Check the 9540 that you removed. Is it leaking from the gate to either of the other legs? It should read OL on ohms from the gate to either of the other legs.

The dc goes away when Q408 is removed. I cant check the 9540 I removed, pulled it apart. Bad habbit should stop doing that I guess. Shall I replace the 540 while Im at it?

It's heating quickly because the amp is trying to pull the DC down but it can't.

Did you (or anyone else) replace any components other than the ones listed in this thread?

Are the 0.1 ohm resistors within tolerance?

Yes the emitters are within tolerance

Parts I replaced in this channel are as follows:

Q310
Q311
Q410
Q411
Q401
Q403
Q405
Q408
Q409

Other than the Q408 originally having the MPSA56 when it should have had the A06 thats the only thing someone else has replaced along with whoever put the IRF540N and IRF9540N in the output fet locations.

Q401 and Q402 must match. If you didn't replace it, replace both Q401 and Q401. If you replaced Q401 and have transistors from the same batch, replace Q402.

The same goes for Q403 and Q404.

I made a mistake in my parts list.

I replaced D401 not Q401, sorry for the confusion. Its been a long night. I repaired 4 other amps tonight, my brain needs a rest.

It's heating quickly because the amp is trying to pull the DC down but it can't.

Did you (or anyone else) replace any components other than the ones listed in this thread?

Are the 0.1 ohm resistors within tolerance?

Not sure if this is a valid question, but what components are "in charge of pulling the dc down" ? You think I may have an open resistor somewhere or a blown BJT ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.