Rockford MEHSA needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been working to repair this T4000.1, see thread below, for a while now. The amp runs but has an output whine that I just can't locate the cause. The only difference in this amp and others that I have repaired, is it is missing the MEHSA boards in the power supply. I got the amp and these were missing. As a temp fix, I am using insulators.

So, my next option is to see if anyone has a compliment of MEHSA boards for a T4000.1 power supply that they would be willing to part with?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/176656-rockford-fosgate-t4000-output-whine.html

As reference, these are the MEHSA boards

Attachments

• HPIM1517.JPG
    HPIM1517.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 138
I did, and I realize what I can do to convert this MEHSA for my 4 output transistors... However, this MEHSA board has a single surface mount transistor right on it and would need to be retro-replaced as well.

Can I convert it to say a TO-92 style transistor? What transistor could be a suitable replacement?

Last edited:
Rockford Punch 5002. The one under the \puncht5002\ folder on the DVD is the one.

Is the surface mount transistor a 6B? BAT54A? Barrier Diode? Also it looks like from the picture theres a single surface resistor or diode as well.

Last edited:
It's a transistor. An MPSA06 should be OK as a sub but you'll have to do some testing after setting the bias to confirm that the bias is not drifting.

You'd have to find the terminals of the 3-legged jumper that correspond to the base, collector and emitter of the SMD transistor so you'll know how to install the TO-92 transistor.

For this amp, I'd suggest using the Kapton MT film or Mica as insulators. Kapton tape may not work well enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.