Rockford Fosgate T3002

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello! So I got this t3002 from my brother and the speaker outputs are putting out a steady stream of power all the time. You can hear some music... Then smell blown voice coils... Rip w7... Well anyway after searching all night I have found nothing at all about this problem + amp combination. :(

When I run it at a lower amperage the speakers produce more music and if I wire it up in my car it just pushes my p2's into their baskets with no sound what so ever. So I was thinking one or more of the resistors are fried. I have been looking for a schematic for this unit to only find wiring diagrams to hook it up.

I found this post
Perry, I have seen several of these amps with negative rail on the speaker output and come on and remain on untill the smoke comes out of the speaker.
^ that's exactly my problem.
But the thread wasn't about that so I'm still hunting down info

I have a ton of experience soldering amps but not locating bad components... Mostly I just have to resolder broken off smds or fried transistors but I have looked at every inch of this thing and I cannot find anything physically wrong

Any help for this tired fool would be Just awesome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.