just a suggestion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all. I need an help on which is the correct way to build an audio system with a crossover... My source is a Car Stereo Clarion DRX6675Rz 4X45W. My problem is.. How sould the "module" be connected? I mean...
Car Stereo=>Crossover=>Preamp=>Ampli
Car Stereo=>Preampli=>Crossover=>Ampli
Car Stereo=>Crossover=>Ampli
Which is the correct way?
And another question..
Finally i've done a SMPS that run perfectly now since i've build it i've tryed a lot of schematic.. builda nd rebuild. No one runs.. Can someone send or post a tested schematic of premapli,crossover and ampli if possible? Thanx in advance!

Configure as follows:

Car stereo=>preamp=>crossover=>amplifier

I'm unsure of your following question... Are you looking for schematics for:

1) preamp - as in a true preamp, or an equalizer, or
2) crossover, or
3) amplifier.

Or all three?

The power supply specifications would determine what sort of amplifier you can attach to it. Looks like your supply delivers +/- 50 volts, do you know its current capabilities?
The signal processors would be most easily built using op-amps. In that case, you'd need to drop the voltage down to the +/- 15 volt range. You can build processors with transistors instead, but that's a bit more complicated and much less compact.

Tim

precisation

U say
Car stereo=>preamp=>crossover=>amplifier
but Rode Elliot (ESP) tell me
Car Stereo --> Crossover --> Power amps
You don't need a preamp, since all the functions you need are in the car
stereo already.
Who's rught? :)
Anyway yes i'm looking for a schematic for all the blocks but a TESTED SCHEMATIC. I've build and rebuild a non running schematic. The SMPS that i've build can handle +/-55V but i can easy give more output...
i think i should need a true preamp and do u know a way to get +/-15 from +/-55... I've thought at lm317/lm337...

Whether or not to use a preamp is a personal decision! Seriously, it will depend on the output voltage of your head unit and input requirements of the amplifier. If your head unit is already producing enough voltage to drive the amp to full power, its unnecessary and a potential noise/distortion source.
You really need to have a good idea of how much current your SMPS can supply to select an amplifier design. +/- 55V is a fairly high figure for amplifier rails and if the current isn't available, the wattage won't follow...

Here's a well-proven design that requires +/-58V. Designed for 8ohm speakers, but if the power supply can keep up, it will produce up to 2x the 8ohm power into 4ohms:

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/lowtim/

As far as the crossover and dropping the voltage to suit op-amp requirements, you can certainly use IC regulators. Just be careful not to exceed their max ratings. It may be reasonable to use a couple of 9V zeners to help with the voltage drop.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.