Rockford Fosgate Punch 325.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im being offered a defective Rockford Fosgate Punch 325.1 amplifier. Seller says that he did not find use for the amplifier and left it on a shelf in a garage for a year. Recently he tried to use it, but amp does not work anymore. None of the LEDs (power, protection, thermal) turn on.

Anyone had experience with similar amp and similar defect?
Is it worth looking into?

I think he tried it in different vehicles. I know it is very hard to answer my question based on so little information about the problem, but i can not check anything because amplifier is not in my posession. Considering that none of the LED-s turn on, what is the worst case scenario that could be wrong with it?

imo, I would think the transformer being fried, if its bad enough you will have to rewire it. Or order a replacment. These sell on ebay as is for roughly 10 to 40 dollars. USed and working for 50 to a hundred.

If your comfortable with fixing it yourself it is probably nothing to serious, And I would say ten dollars or less it would be worth picking up. Then you could make your money back even if you cant fix it.

I offered the guy 15 dollars, he said he was hoping to get about 70, so no deal.
For 70 one could buy a working amp similar to this.
Found Blaupunkt Gta Special 2 for 15 dollars with blown end transistors so I went with that one instead. Hopefully I can deal with it by myself without having to make a topic about how to repair it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.