Memphis 16-ST500D Protection Light

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had this Memphis Amp for Years and it was fantastic for a long time. Well its been sittin around the last couple years because of not using it because when you power it up, you do not even get a green power light on it, you just see the protection light flicker on for a couple seconds then fade out, and you have nothing. Ive opened up the amp to look for fried parts inside of it and i don't see anything, im hoping it could be a simple fix and have this baby up and running again. I just tested it again in my brothers truck tonight, unhooked his amp and threw this on just to test it real fast and still doing it. I know there is good power and ground as his amp was just working right before just fine. Any Ideas? or is there anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area who repairs amps? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I repaired a couple of these a while back and a 1000. Not a whole lot to bringing them back to life in most cases. I don't live anywhere near you, Sorry.

Hope you can find a good local shop. Mostly bad outputs and bad caps, with a occasional blown power supply. Sometimes the D class driver board has failed transistors due to the fact they run hot all the time, even in perfect working order.
That info in the right hands should get you up and running in short order.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.