Audiobahn a18001dt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought this amp for repair. Im really lost on this one im getting a ranging 24-34V DC on the speaker output at idle with not input or output. if nothing is hooked up to the speaker output the amp remains in protection. with a 2.7 ohm restistor on speaker out put it loads the amp(have powered through light bulb) and comes out of protection and puts out 6VDC. I have thus this far checked all the caps, output fets removed the driver card, and the four rectifiers or diodes not sure what terminalogy to use.

mike the outputs are removed from board when producing the DC offset. Perry yes the driver card is currenly out of the board. with it out and nothing attached to the speaker output of the amp its a ranging 24-34V DC on the ouputs. with a 2.7 ohm 25 watt resistor hooked to the speaker out put then it droppes to 6V dc and will start to burn the resitor after 45-60 seconds. I do not have a scope either.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.