Kicker kx1200.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,I was given a 1200.1.It is not working,it is the red board.
When I apply B+ and the B- it sparks and I can hear the relay kick in.This is without the remote connected.
I am not very experienced,but I really want to learn how to repair amps.If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them.

Hi Mike, have you tried to use the search engine for this site to see all of the previous posts about this amp by Perry Babin ?

If I were you I would search this site using kicker 1200 or 1200.1 and see all the posts that came before you first. Perry has done a ton of these and some of the info gleened from his older work might be of help to you. For sure it will show you the insides of this amp in a new light, and perhaps be of help. It should jump start you a bit on the task ahead of you.....:)

Hello,1moreamp.Yes I have searched many times,it only returns 6 or 7 threads.
I'm unemployed at the moment so I have been reading many hours a day since I've found this site.I'm fascinated with amp repair,electronics in general I should say.
So far I've read almost every thread up to page 40.And I read Perrys Basic amp repair about twice a day,if I can learn half of what he knows it would be great.I'm trying to become familiar with the terminology and designations.
I've used my dmm on the b+ and b- and it is showing continuity so I quit right there,I'm scared of causing more damage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.