how to fix memphis pb600 cracked board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i got a memphis pb600 that has a cracked board right near the power input and speaker output so im wondering if i can run jumper leads across the cracks ?
Photo0155.jpg

i also notice that one of the potentiometers for the low pass filter is broken, the number on it is KIE38100K(OHM SYMBOL)X2YD or a O not sure what the last one is but im pretty sure its a D, and body know were i can get a replacement cus all i can find are the 3 prong ones and this one has 6, and i noticed the bass boost switch is missing and was wondering if it plugged into these 2 3-pin terminals or what plugs in here
160.jpg

Loctite 444 is essentially the same as super glue and is NOT what you want on a point where you may have to apply heat. Mercaptan cured epoxy is another adhesive you'll want to avoid using on a point where heat may have to be applied. If you have to use an adhesive, use JB Weld. It takes a while to set but it's strong, it can take a lot of heat and doesn't produce unpleasant fumes/odors when heated with a soldering iron.

Contact Memphis to see if they can supply the potentiometer. Also ask them about the internal connectors.

they finally got back to me and they said
" Unfortunately we do not sell parts. The PB600 is no longer eligible for service by our facility.
Sorry we are unable to fulfill your request. you may notice that this potentiometer is most likely standard on other amplifiers."

any ideas what amps use the same parts

memphis is terrible about repairing or supporting items that aren't current. perhaps you could get some measurements and find another potentiometer that would fit in the same spot. How is it broken? is the shaft broken? or does it not actually adjust the low pass filter frequency?

Get the power supply end of the amp repaired, set the crossover to flat/full range and make sure the amp works, otherwise, before you put too much effort into finding the pot. It's not a common part and there won't be many sources for an exact replacement. There are other options (radio shack 100k stereo pot, etc.) but they may not fit into the location on the board and may have to be hard-wired in.

Do NOT apply power to the amp without having ALL transistors tightly clamped to the heatsink and a 10 amp fuse in the B+ line.

its snapped right off, i soldiered all the connections back up i used a 2 amp power supple and the amp powers up the fan comes on the light goes from red to green and stays lit green but no voltage at the speaker terminals, but im kinda thinking its cus the pot is snapped off, or maybe cus of the small power supply. all i can find at radio shack is 3 pin pots this one has 6

i got my pot in the mail thanks to brandes.cm and i soldered it in and had it hooked up to a 2amp power supply, and i had a input of .3-.6 vdc from my cd player's rca's and i had only seen a max of .5 vac but the hertz were bouncing around as they should and i was playing 20-200 hertz sweeps and it showed a steady climb up to 201hz then i flipped cross over from i think full to high pass then it stopped showing hertz no matter were the cross over, gain and bass boost was set to. so my question is were do i start looking to see were the voltage stops

no i didnt hook a speaker up to it yet mostly cus im unsure of the wattage i cant find anything online thats accurate i read any weres from 250 at 2 ohm to 900watts bridged, i was gonna hook up the one mtx thunder 4500 i have kicking around in a spec ported box but running on a 2 amp power supply would pry just trip it into protection mode so i didnt bother till i was 100 percent sure then hook it up to a battery, but once i flipped the cross over i turned the bass boost and then it stopped reading i flipped and turned it back to were it was at and it stoped reading but didnt go into protection mode, so maybe if i hook it up to a speaker and a battery and see if that works

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.