About rockford fosgate 1500bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dont know understand why my amplifier woorks well but inside looks damage.... i want to replace my transistors where can I finded i have to know becuase if something is wrong I need to repair before kill my amplifier...actually looks lie black shot... Im talking about the transistors...

Ricky did you get this amp when it was new, or did you get it second hand. if it is a second hand unit it may have had a failure at one point in time and the tech did not clean the board.

the only other way would be if the transistors that you see the black around blew open (i dont think i have ever seen this maybe some of the other guys have)

Sam

rocksford fosgate 1500bd

Well sam the amplifier works well but i can't believe it why... the transistors looks really bad but kick really hard also... i want to repair my amp because if the transistors has a diiferent power my amp is working with 1000 watts that's what i think..

rockford fosgate 1500bd..

perry how you doing >?? im going to leave it for now.. but give me your recomendation about it because if my amp need more power and the damage transistors doesnt work good probably the real power is missing or something like that. for now is working good... i got eclipse titanium 12" 4 ohms per coil and ported box and songs really good... thank you guys for you help aprecciate.... sam i purcchase the amp at second hand..

Ricky, if the amp is working fine there is more than likely nothing wrong with it.

It may be like i said in my first post, the amp may have burnt up at one point in time. when the amp was repaired the tech that did the repairs may not have cleaned the board thus it looks burnt still.

if something was to be wrong with it you need to keep in mind that the transistors in a fosgate are somewhat hard to remove as they are soldered to the PCB, i would not try this as my first amp to repair.

but above all, if it is working leave it alone.

that is a common amp you can get information on what ever parts burn up here on the board. I would just let it run like it is and only make repair if it quits playing.

Our conversation has started here: Rockford Fosgate P800.2 [Repair]

Please inform us if you own the amplifier (new!) from the start or if got it second hand?

• If you got it new: Did you ever need to service it before? Or do you have other history on the amp? Did you pushed it beyond his limit?
  • If you got it second hand: Do you know the history of the amp? Any failures or abuse?
If possible, post a picture of the area that looks damaged.

everybody thank you guys.....

woutzor i got the transistors already and I start to fixed my amp but the only one thing is ... how can I unsoldering the mosfet or transistors of the mesha??? because they are so really hard to do it, I try but i dont know how can I start.... can you help me please because im ready to fix my amp well how do you do that on the 800.2 punch?? or I need some gun in special or some paste or regular paste flux works well.??

thank you perry !!>

you the man so i have to check the little parts aroud the power supply iodes and all this things to make sure everything is well...because they are so small I dont know how to do that but I can tri it...... thank you again one more question the little iodes has to be marked the same ohm...???

Return that cordless iron. I really doubt that it's going to work well. If you need a regular soldering iron, get a corded one. The cheap radio shack irons are not very good. If you want to buy a good iron (not from RS), buy a Weller. The WP35 is the minimum I'd recommend. The WES51 is the one I use and recommend if you plan on using it for more than just a few repairs.

The torch is used to remove the transistors from the MEHSA insulators, not for soldering.

I did budy already

the transistors are off already... so let me give you the numbers or the iodes because they are different .... let me tell you something before give you the numbers i remove the first 5 transistors from the power supply..... that's why i think my amp was woorking with half of power because has 2 bounch of bronce wire and i take off 5 transistors of them.... so that's all for now... this is the numbers of the iodes>>>>>>> ohh i check all iodes they has the same but i can't see the numbers i saw the numbers on the board that's what you asking me before //...???

You're going to have to take the time to write more clearly. I simply can't understand what you're trying to say.

What are iodes?

I agree with Perry, take your time in posting replies and re-read your posts before you post.

No offence, but I think
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pictures can say more words then words itself.

sorry guys i hava some problems!!..

i understand guys i know you guys want to help me and apreeciate a lot... but my problem is i dont' speak english i got like 3 months in the school so that's why i dont know what im writting sometimes...... so let me tell you guys what is the iodes o i dont' know how you guys called but may be this words can help... is a little black parts on the board and has a some number writting on it... i think it's resistors or i dont have idea..... sorry guys,, im sorry I want to speak english but is to hard... but if somebody speak spanish wow fantastic... actually my teacher says >>> we have to write and speak english<<<< that's what im doing....... im kidding.... sorry guys...thank you guys for you help...... any ways i check my transistors and they was ok. and the other little black things (resistors) and everything was well but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the sames transistors are gone again>>>.. damn.. i have to replace the ones again... i dont know if something is wrong...... so my question is...... how can i start to fix my old school rockford fosgate 1500bd??? because has 5 transistors like black shots and they are next to the power supply...... what i should to do....??

thank you guys for help

hi perry well I replace 5 of those rf3205 of the mehsa. and i check it they was on the same ohm.... the other things i didn't.... i fix one amp like 5 years ago and my friend show me how to fix electronic parts like amplifiers, stereos, woofers etc... but i forgot how.... sorry guys... so this is what happen ok>>>>> when i turn on my amp was a lot smog inside... but still working i dont know why but still working like before, when is working hard the red light is on protect... thank you guys for understand me.... have great day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.