Rockford Punch 200x2 amp - needs repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok have another amp broken by my nephew, this one is a Rockford punch 200x2.

Its a 2 channel and one channel seems to work ok, and the second channel doesnt put any music out but it does punch the sub cone out all the way! (if that makes sense) Seems like all it does is push power at full only, and adjusting the gain does nothing.

On a side note: I told my nephew not to use his stereo until we replace the wires.

the first pic is of the resistor that looks bad, on the second channel.

Rockfordpunch200x22sm.jpg

The second pic is of a resistor on the good first channel that looks like it has a bubble - is this normal??

Rockfordpunch200x27JPGsm.jpg

back side of channel 2
Rockfordpunch200x26sm.jpg

mor pics to come.

The channel 1 components are likely OK.

Pull the 0.1 ohm source resistors in the blown channel and check all of the resistors marked 100, 200 and 620 (should be one 620 resistor for each source resistor) in that channel. List the ones (ex. R125, R150...) that are out of tolerance.

At least one of the output transistors in the blown channel has failed. You should replace all 6 in that channel. You should also replace all of the source resistors in that channel. Mouser:
LVR03R1000FB12

i have this exact same amp on my bench right now . similiar problem as i have a blown channel but it took out the power supply as well.the power supply fets are MTP50N06 , does anyone know if RFP70N06 or HUF75337P3 will work in place of the blown ps fets. just trying to get it going with what i have on hand

this is going to sound like a super noob question but i've been idle as far as repairs go for so long I have to ask. The gate drive signal is going to be measured off the leg of the fets connected to the 68 ohm resistors correct?if thats true i only have 4.7 volts.Is this too low?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.