Ok need amp help poping / cracking on left channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I've been a long time reader (soaking up knowledge) but now i need some advice and i'm hoping you guys can help.

I have an eclipse 3001 / 3021 2 channel amplifier - Hopfully you guy's have heard of it (for those who haven't it is an oldschool amplifier that was built by the japanese are of eclpise back in the mid 90"s. The 3001 is a power supply unit accepting the 12 volt input and the 3021 in the signal amplifier. the two units are connected via 2 xlr cables 3 pin and 5 pin (ala adcom etc) to supply power from the 3001 to the 3021. similar to a pre amp and amp setup used in home audio. (help reduce noise etc.)
They were also produced under the sound monitor name in japan with a grey finish.

now on to my problem. I have an intermitant crackling / poping noise from my left channel. My first thought was a leaking capacitor so i have started checking them one by one but my question is could it possibly be something else. so far I have come up empty.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the circuit board itself for reference and have high detailed images available via e-mail (unfortunatly i can get no help from united radio in NY - or eclipse headquarters)

Attachments

• 3021.jpg
    3021.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 74
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.