Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speakers popping and static noise at all volume levels PPI Amp
Speakers popping and static noise at all volume levels PPI Amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2010, 04:10 AM   #21
restricted is offline restricted  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ppi

I had this same issue it turned out to be the two resistors that the rca's run through on my a300.2 they were 10ohm 3watt i had to buy a 100 when i got them so if you need them let me know they burn out due to bad ground
Old 8th May 2010, 09:19 PM   #22
wildh is offline wildh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by restricted View Post
I had this same issue it turned out to be the two resistors that the rca's run through on my a300.2 they were 10ohm 3watt i had to buy a 100 when i got them so if you need them let me know they burn out due to bad ground

Interesting. I have an Eclipse EA 4000 and Alpine something or another pushing my system. Driving down the road one day I heard a POP...then nothing and an alternator whine. Turned off the truck, and then a loud....buzzzz.....pop.....disconnected everything went home and trouble shot. Turns out my Alpine amp wasn't putting out any power to my sub. Took it out...things worked fine. Oh forgot to mention i have a re-q5 for a LOC. Couple hours later I get a randomn popping independent of volume through all channels. A little trouble shooting again and I find my ground for the amps (and re-q) is loose and I reinstall with a distribution block and a better ground point. Works good for a while. Then again...pop....and randomn turn on pop and thump. I thought it was the re-q so I sent it in and hooked up just the front channels to my eclipse via a generic LOC. Worked fine for a while...then...pop....and randomn thumping. So I hooked straight into factory wiring from the factory deck and nothing. Figure it's either my eclipse amp or wiring. Go through the hassell of rerunning speaker inputs to the LOC from factory wiring and sure enough (just in case it's a speaker input touching ground)...another pop and I'm getting pissed so it must be the amp.... Order a new one from crutchfield and nothing so far, but we'll see. Any thoughts? Would a bad ground cause issues for all components at one time?

Speakers popping and static noise at all volume levels PPI AmpHide this!Advertise here!