IASCA in California

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After a year of begging shops to host an event in Southern California, I'm tired. :bawling:

I am asking for your help.

If you know owners/managers of shops near you please ask them if they will sponsor an event. I think I speak for the 40 or 50 of us in the area with SQ cars when I say, " I really miss the IASCA meets from 3-5 years ago when we could get together a few times a year, compare notes, get feedback, and have some friendly competition.

I know there are the meetings at Super Autobacs, but I want a pretty shiney plastic trophy that can collect dust in my garage damnit !!! I am in the process of asking Super Autobacs if they will host an event, but the person who handles it seems to never be in the office.

IASCA in So. CAl

Actually . . . . I've changed my mind. I spoke with Moe at IASCA today and I have decided to get the event host package and do them myself.

I have 2 shops willing to host events for next year's season so far. I will try to get 5-10 events scheduled.

These will be single point events and trophies will be given out.

Any judges out there who are interested in judging, let me know.

Any people who know shops that are interested, let me know.

Any people who have an RTA with the correct microphone for SPL and are willing to help out the cause, let me know ( cause I'm not buying one )

According to IASCA there will not be an RTA component for SQ, so I would only be able to do SQ unless I can get an RTA.

Any people who would be willing to donate their time would also be greatly appreciated.

I am also trying to convince IASCA to have an east coast and wet coast finals. If we can get some shows going and some interest maybe we can convince them it will be worth it.

Please do what you can so we can get SQ back in So. Cal.

Email me at: twoodworth@ca.rr.com

UPDATE:

So far I have agreements with shops for 8 shows:

Henderson's Car Stereo - Costa Mesa, Ca ** March 2009
Audio Shoppe - Riverside, Ca ( 5 Shows ) ** November 15th, February 7th 2009, rest to be scheduled
Platinum Audio- Corona,Ca ** April 2009
OC Auto Sound- Santa Ana, Ca ** May 2009

I have 4 other shops who are also interested, in San Diego, LA, Corona, and Anaheim

If you are interested in being a judge, helping organize, renting me an SPL RTA, going to IASCA judge training, or in hosting an event please contact me. I should have the events posted up on the IASCA site by next week.

Seriously . . .I'd really love some help.

-Peace

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.