NS transistors? China?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know what these are? Found output transistors in a cheap TIS amp I think is some China no-name amp. The pair for the sub are blown all they say is NS108N and NS108P and a date code. They look like TIP35.

The smaller 4ch have one pair TO220 each with an Nxxxx number on them. It must be 25rmsx4 and what 50rms for the sub...is tiny amp. Whole thing has 4 irfz48n in PS with dual transformer for pair of 35v caps on sub and pair 25v on the 4ch part...two pair rectifiers off one torrid. I found it came in a kit with a 10" sub and wire at walmart but website does not exist...lol. Where does WMT come up with this stuff:confused: TIS is a wheel company, "Twenty Inches Strong." Found nothing about audio on their site. It does have LED in the top clear panel though, so it must rock:D

Is there a chance they will work? I can't find anything on these thought maybe they have another prefix like the 2S/etc that I don't know about. If I had a sheet on them I could compare to something.

They even cover up the heatsink with plastic, it must be really efficient :scratch:

Has standard bar/screw clamp should fit fine. Not much of an amp but if it only needs a pair not much to fix either.

This looks like the amp:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9833_TIS+Audio+T510PK.html
Click on the 'larger picture' scroll down and you can nearly see inside it. Nothing sloppy inside, guess I find it interesting because I've never seen such a small 5ch even though it is no-name and likely has limited usefulness.

NS transistors

Hey jol50, I have one of those 5 channel TIS amps and took it apart to get the transistor numbers. After an hour searching around i found infon all transistors in amp that are conncted t heat sink. Th list is,NS802c,NS802a These are, I think, are Schottky Barrier Diodes. I found a data sheet that closely matches these transistor type transstors. The IRFZ48n transistors are Hexfet Power Mosfets. All of these i've just listed are for the power supply section of amp from what i gather. The 2N6488 and 2N6491 transistors are the 1-4 channel output transistors. Last we have two NS108N and NS108P which i do beleive are the sub channel output transistors. You can get all the data sheets on these from datasheetcatalog.com By the way
the 2N6488 and 2N6491 are rated at 75 watts each. Hope this helps cause it did for me. There is no info at all on the web about these amps except the sites that sell them with the basic info on them.

TIS transistors

In a reply i posted to jol50 i would like to say that the NS108N and NS108p transistors in TIS amp, I think they are for the power supply section. I looked them up and from what i've found is they are mosfets for the dc to dc converter. It's the closest i can find on datasheetcatalog.com Thought i would let ya know. Keep in mind that i could be wrong so if anybody else has info on these amps please let me know. They are'nt to cheaply made but if i was to guess using voltage, fuse amp rating then i would say these 5 channel 700 watt amps are running about 200 watts for channels 1-4 for the sub 50 watts also. Thats just a rough idea but i beleive i'm real close. When i hook it up and take actual volts and current draw then i'll let all know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.