ten inch subwoofers (looking for <35hz response)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would give RE AUDIO a try, not that there the only one's available.
But I have personal experience auditioning them verses others on the market.
Model SE10
3" voice coil dvc,reconable,this woofer will play in small enclosures (personal experience .3 ft.) and will have even more extension the larger the enclosure(I don't recommend anything past 1ft.)These are all sealed recommendations.Vented enclosures give you output for spl if you are into it,without having to invest in another.

I'm sure there's plenty of room for debate

amc32 said:
I would give RE AUDIO a try, not that there the only one's available.
But I have personal experience auditioning them verses others on the market.
Model SE10
3" voice coil dvc,reconable,this woofer will play in small enclosures (personal experience .3 ft.) and will have even more extension the larger the enclosure(I don't recommend anything past 1ft.)These are all sealed recommendations.Vented enclosures give you output for spl if you are into it,without having to invest in another.

I'm sure there's plenty of room for debate

i hope there is some debate in this thread, then! don't think there are any places to hear any super amps around here, but i'll definitely keep these in consideration. also... what's up with subs these days having such TERRIBLE efficiency numbers? i saw a 10 the other day that was something like 83 db/m. that used to be unheard of?!

eric b

You shouldn't let the efficiency numbers mislead you. That is a measurement taken at a specific frequency and depending on the application, the number might not be applicable. You may have two different subs with one having a lower "efficency" with the higher efficiency woofer not having as much low frequency extension, even in the same sized box.

e-dub:
what's up with subs these days having such TERRIBLE efficiency numbers? i saw a 10 the other day that was something like 83 db/m

If you're using a Zeuss Viii, power handling may be of more concern than efficiency!

The reduction in efficiency compared to older autosound woofers is real, and is a function of lowering the Vas to help reduce necessary enclosure volume.

Since kilowatts are now more economical with class D, it's not as big of an issue as it would have been when your Zeuss was built.

If you don't like the idea of burning power off within the sub and you have plenty of room, you could look into woofers made for home audio or home theater use.

tsmith1315 said:
e-dub:

If you're using a Zeuss Viii, power handling may be of more concern than efficiency!

The reduction in efficiency compared to older autosound woofers is real, and is a function of lowering the Vas to help reduce necessary enclosure volume.

Since kilowatts are now more economical with class D, it's not as big of an issue as it would have been when your Zeuss was built.

If you don't like the idea of burning power off within the sub and you have plenty of room, you could look into woofers made for home audio or home theater use.

hahaha. the zeus will be run stereo at four ohms. it keeps looking like the idmax is what i'm going to go with, but i am very open to suggestions. for what it's worth, i listen exclusively to electronic music. about 98% dance music (drum n bass, techno, house, in that order) and about 2% rap.

the ported box really looks a winner, though, with this one?

eric b

Well the RE's model SE (versitility,and price wise) cant'be beat.Model SX(High output from ported enclosures,Flat-wire coil,price wise)can't be beat.
Honorable Mention: DD does make some loud stuff,Not
audiofile IMO.If you willing to spend the extra money,for bad customer service,and slow shipping.

I still personally own a DD 3500 series woofer,fresh from the factory.It was shipped to me half-assed,woofer rubbed on arrival crazy-tight gaps DD try to do for effienecy.I went through the online return policy rings of fire for an ra#.Ship woofer back in same box.DD gets it.Returns it back to me,shipped half-assed again now with a broken frame,but it works
JB Weld to the rescue.
This nightmare cost me almost 400.00,without shipping.
I have to keep the woofer outside of the house in the box.So that the wife doesnt find out.I told her I sold it.

Woofer that only play good with ported boxes playing rap-priceless

For everthing else- Ebay

If you willing to spend the extra money,for bad customer service,and slow shipping.
?? are you kidding me? That is in USA? Here in Slovenia we have the best dealer. He is pretty young, a lot more down to earth then owners of some shops. He is willing to get out of bed at 2Am if needed!! + All that own DD are like "big family" if I can say so, everybody helps in any way they can! Just because this is very expensive sub, but service is like no other so is its performance :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.