Audio art 240.4xe cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello i found a Old AudioArt amp in a friends cellar and was thinking to use it fore my 3" Mids and my Ribbon twets is it a Okay amp SQ wise?? ore shuld i bridge it and use it fore my 6.5" and use my Genesis fourchannel fore the tweets and mids?? it have the speaker cables hanging out on one side there its 2black and one red and one blue if i want to brige it with is + and with is - ??? if anyone give me some info i would be really happy!... Best Regards..

PS: Exuse my spelling im swedish you know: DS :)

If the amp is a bridgeable amplifier, the positive wire of one channel will be connected to the negative wire of the opposite channel. You will need an ohm meter to check this. When you find the positive that is connected to the opposite negative, these ARE NOT the bridge wires. The other 2 wires are the bridge wires.

EDIT After re-reading your post I would have to assume that the amp is not bridgeable. Check the 2 black wires with an ohm meter and if they appear to be shorted together, the amp is not bridgeable.

Bridge amp

The amp is Bridgeable ??? i only wanted to know with of the positive cabels is the + in bridge mode the switch change the face on one channel so its possible to use both. If im wrong pleace correct me!... and both the black cables are solderd to the same place so i have a really hard thinking to do to get them separated so i can use it in bridge mode !! ; ))

PS:Exuse my bad spelling im swedish you know!!:ds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.