Orion speaker plug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few weeks ago I saw a thread, not sure what forum, that had a part number for the orion speaker plugs. I searched this forum and couldn't find the thread.

I have a few Digital Reference HCCA's that are missing the plug and I would rather not pay $25 for a plug off ebay.

Anyone know the part number or the manufacturer of these plugs?

ok thanks. i was thinking of different connectors as well.

anyone have info on the black plug in connectors that are found on older infinity, ppi, A/D/s, and some orion amps. they are used for power/ground and also for speakers/remote. i kow they are on ebay but i am looking for a more direct source like digikey or mouser ect.. i could not find the there yet.

Thanks for the links Idiot. I remembered seeing them a while back but didn't bookmark the page.

tristan20, I'm getting the wires from ebay. The price isn't too bad, I just don't want to purchase the completed plugs. I will be rebuilding mine and purchasing an extra one.

plugs

hey all,ecm i googled orion and diy and found you so i registered to the site just to talk to you :),seeing as you seem to be the man who knows enough about orion and me being and old school orion fan i was wondering if you could help me out,i dont mean any disrespect to the thread and sorry if it seems im hijacking the thread in anyway,i just purchased an used mint condition hcca 2100 from ebay,now the amp works great but has been rewired.the speaker output wire terminal on the amp is missing(thinking at one time or another it was probably pulled out.....)now i'd like to restore this baby back to its original state.
so here's my question seeing is all the info i found on google and orion amps pointed to you :) can you direct me to the peice im looking for?
thanks in advance.......shawn.

The internal part of the speaker plug is missing? It shouldn't be too difficult to replace that part.

Mouser part number 571-14807070 is the nine pin female part. This part is the "amp" side of the plug that will be mounted on the side panel.

The removable part that connects to your speakers is this part number 571-14807060.

Don't forget to get the metal pins as well. The amp side is male and the speaker side uses female plugs. Look at "idoits" post for the link to the pins.

This is the dude on ebay who sells the speaker wire by the foot. A few feet should be all you need to rewire the amp and build a plug for it. http://stores.ebay.com/Amateur-Audio-Inc

If you can, please post some pictures of the amp to make sure the 2100 uses the same size plugs as the 225,250,275, etc. These are the only amps I have repaired and replaced the plugs on.

Hope this helps.

ECM said:
This is the dude on ebay who sells the speaker wire by the foot. A few feet should be all you need to rewire the amp and build a plug for it. http://stores.ebay.com/Amateur-Audio-Inc

I know this "Dude" just tell him I sent you < Use my DIY name > . Jeremy is good people. And he can replace your entire harness inside and out. He makes them by hand, and might still have some Gold pins available, Just ask him...Hope this helps also....:)

thank's for responding so quick,ill post a pic and then go from there,i know i'll need a few things to get it back to original state.guess ill have to find a shop local to me to get the fine details done,but again thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• img_2220-vi.jpg
    img_2220-vi.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 98
If you intend to use this amp, you should be VERY careful when making the connections to B+ and ground. When tightening the screws, tiny wire strands often break loose. One tiny strand can do SIGNIFICANT damage to the amplifier.

I'd suggest blocking the back of the terminal block off with heavy weatherstripping and using dielectric grease on the wire to hold any loose strands.

If you're going to have someone replace the speaker wires in the board, they should try to do it without removing the board from the sink. Sometimes the transistors stick to the insulators and break when trying to break them free. This can be very expensive to repair (if you're going to pay a shop to do it).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.