Running A Component Set Active Off of A Single Amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All,

I wanted to know if anyone can steer me in the direction of a single, 4 channel amplifier where two of the channels can be crossed over to run the midbass drivers of a component set, and the other two channels can be crossed over to run the tweeters. I know there are certain amps that support this, but I have found very few. The one that comes to mind is the Sinus Live Verstarker SLA-260.4. Is there any reason more companies don't do this? The only thing I can think of is not having separate gains for the mid and the tweet... but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Hans

You can just use a 2way crossover on that amp, along with the one in amp you could BP. I have an amp that would do that high subsonic, I think it was a hifonics. Not found the one I saw, it was on some audio site and people there loved these amps for some reason.

i have seen some alpine V12's that i think can do that. they had a switch to multiply the crossover frequency by 10 or by 1. otherwise a good outboard electronic crosover would probably be a better choice plus nowadays some higher end headunits have complex crossovers built in.

Thanks for the input guys,

After some searching, it looks like the JL Audio 450/4v2 can do everything I need. I agree that an external crossover and multiple amps would be the best way to go, however, space is at a serious premium in the car, and finding something that does the job of three pieces of hardware with one is very attractive at the moment...

Hans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.