my amp repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just wanted to let the whole world know that I successfully repaired my first broken amp last evening while watching TV.:D I'm awfully proud of myself. My wife hates it, though.:( I won't be paying any more ~90$ service bills. I love this site! BTW it was an old Kicker 4 ch. with a burnt up resistor. Sorry to waste board space, but I'm so happy and feel so productive!

Ben

benlebow said:
I just wanted to let the whole world know that I successfully repaired my first broken amp last evening while watching TV.:D I'm awfully proud of myself. My wife hates it, though.:( I won't be paying any more ~90$ service bills. I love this site! BTW it was an old Kicker 4 ch. with a burnt up resistor. Sorry to waste board space, but I'm so happy and feel so productive!

Ben

Awsome! Great job. what was the amp model number and what was the burnt resistor? was it part of the voltage regulator circuit? these do get very hot and it is a good idea to replace them with higher wattage versions.

It's a Kicker impulse ix254. Given to me a few years ago, thought it only had two good channels, so it sat. Finally tore it apart after some research and replaced one of the 10r at one of the bd909's. Fired up with 0-5mV dc offset. I can't believe that's all that was wrong with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.