Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MTX 6500D - No Output
MTX 6500D - No Output
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2009, 04:02 PM   #31
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

http://www.bcae1.com/pwrsupdc.htm

If you're not using a head unit for a signal source, the remote turn-on for the amp will go to the positive terminal of the power supply.
Old 10th February 2009, 01:34 AM   #32
fredrow is offline fredrow  United States
diyAudio Member

I looked at that page before I started asking questions and it kind of made sense. Why do they have a switch in between the remote lead, and the D/C source? And what size of fuse should I use, 25A? And do you think I should be use the 4-6 gauge wire for the power, or just normal test leads since Iím only doing trouble shooting?

And do you know what size of diode goes in for D3?
I'm just asking because I have looked over the board and I noticed that was missing, and their is one other peice missing, which I have no idea what it is. In the rectangle box shape on the board where it is suppose to go, it says C630. It is down by where you put in the ATc fuses, and right next to FET603 and FET604. Do you think that might be a surface mount fuses of some sort?
Old 10th February 2009, 02:16 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

I looked at that page before I started asking questions and it kind of made sense. Why do they have a switch in between the remote lead, and the D/C source?

**** That's for when you are using a signal source that can't switch the remote voltage. It allows you to turn the amp off easily.

And what size of fuse should I use, 25A?

**** Much smaller for testing (10-15 amp - 10 amp preferred).

And do you think I should be use the 4-6 gauge wire for the power, or just normal test leads since Iím only doing trouble shooting?

**** Short lengths of 14-16g are sufficient for testing.

And do you know what size of diode goes in for D3?

**** It was omitted in the later revisions.

I'm just asking because I have looked over the board and I noticed that was missing, and their is one other peice missing, which I have no idea what it is. In the rectangle box shape on the board where it is suppose to go, it says C630. It is down by where you put in the ATc fuses, and right next to FET603 and FET604. Do you think that might be a surface mount fuses of some sort?

**** It was omitted also. It would have been a capacitor.
Old 10th February 2009, 12:31 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Hey thanks alot for your help Perry. Im sure I will be back later on when I run into some more problems.
Old 20th February 2009, 03:54 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

What are all the square box shape parts. Some have numbers on top of them like 10nJ100 and .47J63..... Their is maybe 30 of them, some are white, some gray, and a couple of them are blue...
Old 20th February 2009, 04:45 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

They are capacitors. Most are probably polyester film capacitors.

10 nanofarad, 5%, 100v

0.47 microfarad, 5%, 63v
Old 20th February 2009, 07:03 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Hey thanks alot for your help, Im still new to the whole trouble shooting thing. Im going to take it into school tomorrow, well maybe if I have time and do some work on it. Well I dont have a CD player to hook up to it, so would I be able to use a Function generator in place of a CD player?? Or would that even work?? Or do I even need it???
Old 20th February 2009, 07:11 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

A function generator set to sine output will work. Make sure that the generator has it's RCA shield connected to the negative terminal of the DC power supply. Confirm with an ohm meter. You should read 0 ohms between them.
Old 20th February 2009, 09:15 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Hey thanks alot for you help so far, well I had a little bit of time after my test today, so I was about to hook the amp up to one of our D/C power supplys and I noticed that it only puts out like 6A..... I think the amp needs somewhere in the area of 25A..... So now Im stuck, any ideas????
Old 20th February 2009, 09:44 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

6A is enough to power it up. That will allow you to determine if there are other problems. You'll need a larger supply to run it up to full power.

MTX 6500D - No OutputHide this!Advertise here!