a link to a sub box plan would be swell :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Found this great forum looking for directions on how to make a box for a subwoofer I have. It's one of these.... http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=811&aff=45847 .. I got it from a buddy with an amp. The amp slips my mind at the moment. Currently, it's not enclosed in anything, and I'd like to put it in a box of some sort. Is there something generic i can build that will do the trick?

It's going in a 27' baja boat that I have, with 4 polk audio mmc650 speaker, a calrion deck, and a blaupunk amp to push the 4 speakers. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill w.

Welcome to the forum!

You didn't say what your design goals are. Bass extension (do you need it to go REAL low?), volume, box size, sound quality, weight? All of these things are important in choosing your design.

You really need to make sure that your amp is suitable for this driver and that you have wired the voice coils appropriately to give the correct impedance.

In the meantime you should download WinISD and play with the different configurations.

You can also determine how the size of your box will affect the bass response. It's a simple program to use and will even tell you the outside dimensions of your box. Your speaker's parameters are already available in the database so you're ready to play from the start.

Designing enclosures is all about compromises. Which ones are you willing to make?

Have fun!

Good link! It's interesting to see what the manufacturer thinks is a good design. I'll have a play with some simulations to get a feel for how they arrived at their decisions. I might learn something,

By the way, The specifications of this driver are already available from within WinISD so you'd be crazy not to have a 'play' with it. All the hard work is done for you.

It's almost too easy!

Regards,
Martin. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.