• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The most advanced GainClone amp yet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi if you want a relay/resistor controlled volume on the cheap with source selector then you could do a lot worse than the lite audio stuff they sell at diyclub.biz/

this setup :-

http://eshop.diyclub.biz/product_info.php?cPath=85_186&products_id=112

is what i am currently using. I would abvise on getting the transformer locally to save on shipping since the weitght on them really pushes up the shipping cost. For the price its a great setup I have used it here in my AD815 based preamp

Attachments

• preamp.jpg
    preamp.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 4,841
sinski said:

How much ?

;)

We need to build it first to determine the pricing.

dariusku said:
Nice work:)
We already know almost everything about new amplifier could You tell what resistors are used in amplifier?
& am thinking to order several different type resistors for experiments very interesting to try Your favourite combination.

I use Caddock MK132 in feedback position and Riken for gain setting. No series resistor, but if I would need to use one, it would be a nude Vishay.

Terrific work, Peter.

I had an artistic question related to all the GC PCB kits out there. The LM3875/LM3886 chip is set up with offset pins at 90 degrees to the PCB plane. How could one use one of the ready made PCBs like your mono kit and turn the chip another further 90 degrees so that it would be parallel with the plane of the PCB?

The answer could be as simple as bending the whole affair another 90 degrees but that hits me as brutish.

A more complicated answer would some kinda 90 degree PCB solderable connector with the odd 1.7mm/5mm pitch...maybe this doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

Peter:
A sorta related question to this thread...

Have you ever considered designing and making an inverted GC kit? Your PCBs super compact and simply stunning elegant.

BTW I keep buying more of your kits because I need the rectifying PCBs...not too cost effective eh? :D ;)

CarlosT said:
Have you ever considered designing and making an inverted GC kit? Your PCBs super compact and simply stunning elegant.

BTW I keep buying more of your kits because I need the rectifying PCBs...not too cost effective eh? :D ;)

I started with invering Clones but later switched to NI designes as I prefer them.

You should've told me you need just the PS section, I could've arranged for that. The kit shipped yesterday already.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.