• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paolo,

do you have two or four bridges?
If only two, maybe your transformers are connected wrongly (out of phase).
If you have four bridges and no other connections to the transformer you must check and double check ALL your connections and the PCB. Believe me, there is always room for faults and mistakes. Did you check out all voltages, offset etc.?
Hum and noise always means wrong or missing connections. If you sound is low and muddy, maybe the connections to your soundcard is loose. If you read the provided manual carefully nothing shoud go wrong at the end of the day.

Hi Peter,

I'm still getting some problems with my LM3875 premium kit :bawling:. I'm using 2 toroids (300VA, 2x22v) and 2 rectifiers and the sound is way to low. Mesuring between V+ and PG+ and V- and PG- I get 30v. I've checked every wire, every solder joint and I can't figure out what's happening :confused:. My speakers are 90dB and I used to have a Sonic Impact T-amp and it drove them very well.
Can you post some pics or more info for newbies like me to check and see how you do it?

Thanks.

PS. the sound is quite good, warm and detailed, but very low. I'm using it in power configuration connected to a Ibook and a Marantz A/V reciever.

Paulo, can you measure the resistor values and post what is in each position on the pcb? It could be that the gain is too low. I doubt that you switched the 22k and 220R caddocks, because then things would really be messed up, but maybe the 22k caddocks or 680R rikens are the incorrect values.
EDIT: you could also look at the caddocks, the resistance is printed on the package, and look at the rikens for the band pattern, this website will show you how to read it to get the resistance:
http://www.reprise.com/host/circuits/resistor_colorcodes.asp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.