• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Colin said:
BTW, did anything further happen about a new integrated amp chassis, mentioned a while ago in this thread?

When I was there a month ago, I was told that it shouldn't take more than two weeks to complete production run of a chassis. I was quite busy recently, so I did not inquire, but I will give them a call early next week.

Destroyer OS. said:
What do you have on C3, C4, R1 and R2? (R3 is just for the Knome hat LED right?)

Yes, R3 is for LED. I'm not using C3, C4, R1 and R2, as I don't find snubbers appealing.

Contratulations Peter

Peter Daniel said:
This is the exact configuration I'm using in an award winning Patek amp: ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
[/B]

Congratulations with the award, Peter. And very well deserved in my opinion:nod: Hopefully this will motivate you to more exellent projects and more fun for the rest of us ;)

Bes wishes
Jan Ove

slappomatt said:
would i be prying to ask why you would intentionaly be low key on a fine product that you no doubt spend ALOT of time and money on? :confused:

Forgive me for offering a reply but...

It's patents. Despite how questionable their premise.

Many of these DIY projects emulate patented commercial designs, and one doesn't want to raise the ire of the manufacturers by appearing to be a large commercial threat.

Likely nothing more than a cease & desist would come of it, but who wants that?

Rob Thomas said:

Forgive me for offering a reply but...

It's patents. Despite how questionable their premise.

Many of these DIY projects emulate patented commercial designs, and one doesn't want to raise the ire of the manufacturers by appearing to be a large commercial threat.

Likely nothing more than a cease & desist would come of it, but who wants that?

that's why folks don't sell amps based on nelson pass designs, not why peter doesn't advertise his dac kits (which are definitely not of borrowed design).

bb

Rob Thomas said:

In my case it's actually the opposite: my commercial design emulates DIY project. I still want to continue selling it as a kit, however, don't want to compete with commercial offering either. That's why it's not really advertised as a kit and sold only to those who make an effort to find it. ;)

http://www.shadowaudio.co.uk/products/category_product_details.asp?prodID=650
http://www.inthezonenet.com/DAC-1.htm

Peter Daniel said:

In my case it's actually the opposite: my commercial design emulates DIY project. I still want to continue selling it as a kit, however, don't want to compete with commercial offering either. That's why it's not really advertised as a kit and sold only to those who make an effort to find it. ;)

http://www.shadowaudio.co.uk/products/category_product_details.asp?prodID=650
http://www.inthezonenet.com/DAC-1.htm

That's even better justification for your under-the-radar marketing program.
;)

Kudos. (And congrats on the Positive Feedback award! Good luck keeping up with the increased demand...)

-Rob

I was not under the impression you used any components in those areas but I had to ask after seeing the picture.

Oh yeah... because you would know, what size posts are the one knob Cardas speaker wire binding posts? I need to figure that out for when I buy spades. I think I am going to use the one turn things on my amplifier and speakers (FR125s horns I think I might build for fun).

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hey Peter,

Since I'm fairly new at this, I'd like your advice/insight on this component/chassis layout of your LM4780 kit.

It's in a 12" x 12" by 3" aluminum chassis. Any problems or blunders with this layout?

..Todd

Attachments

• my layout.gif
    my layout.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,410
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.