• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is an aluminum mesh on top, with intention to create minimum influences with regards to "box sound". The styling is very much based on Patek.

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,789
Peter Daniel said:
I actually like to use that integrated power module. In one package you get both the fuse and the switch. I noticed that Jeff Rowland is using same modules on the new digital amps. And Europeans can use SEMCO aproved fuses. ;)

This DAC goes to Italy. Nice choice on wooden panels.

did you source that power module from digikey? what part number?

Peter,

I just finished my Dac kit and I am very happy with the result!
Construction was quite easy also.
Even if I' m using a cheap DVD as a transport for the time, the sound is very very nice.
However, I have a few questions:
1. How can you tell that you need or not the input coupling capacitors? I saw that you were not using them.
2. In my kit you sent me only one 15-20 OsCOn capacitor. I saw that you are usually using two of them - C5 and C15. What is the best solution?
3. What is the purpose of the third ferrite bead that you included in your kit, as I could not find anything in the schematics or from the pictures posted.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.