• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The boards are presently available. I posted the picture already in a different thread. Although they are still not listed on my site, they can be ordered directly. The price is the same, just add a comment that payment is for a new design. Kit price also did not changed.

The rectifiers board, is the same as the new LM3875 board and accepts snubber, more option for bypas caps as well LED output.

Aha - so you made all plexiglass work by your self ...

Is it hard to do those cutouts in plexi??

Interesting - been considering about pretty much similar stand for my "Patek Line" recently - but ofcourse - "student budget version" - so smaller and with thinner (15mm ones) shelfes and only 2 wide Al bars at sides for suport ...

It's pretty easy to machine it. The cut outs were done on all 3 panels simultanously, by multiple runs over a router straight bit.

The top panel is thicker, because I had that particular material in stock, and since the top shelf supports a transport, more solid foundation is achieved. All material was bought surplus. The design was dictated by what was available at the moment of coming with the idea;)

I made DAC enclosure prototype today. It's pretty straight forward, and no milling is required. If the tube length is chosen properly, attaching font and rear panels can be done by means of on board connectors: RCAs and power module. Additionally, front panel can be glued permanently, rear one provides access to the inside.

The finish is by brushing (on belt sander) and applying alodine, which gives the stainless steel look to the aluminum.

Attachments

• dac.jpg
    dac.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,059
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.