Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 4th February 2015, 04:30 PM   #21
mozarti is offline mozarti
diyAudio Member

Peter,

As to option 3, do you connect the cap from the 680ohm resistor to the outgoing ground, chassis ground, signal ground, p+ ground, or P-ground? And am I correct that the positive side of the cap should be connected to the resistor?
Old 5th February 2015, 03:43 PM   #22
r100 is offline r100
diyAudio Member

Default change caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Daniel View Post
It's most likely Yulong changing it's output offset.

As to advantage of pint 2 is that you can use much smaller cap, so better quality and you actually protect the amp against any possible offsets from sources.

Point 3 only prevents amplifying of the offsets. The amp has approx 32x gain (or 30dB) so if the the source offset is 5mV you will see 150mV at the amp's output.

The possible advantage of point 3 is that the cap, although much bigger, is not in direct signal path so it's effect may not be that obvious. Although, OTOH, there's no such thing as component not in a signal path, everything actually matters.
Is the quality of the capacitors important ? I ask because I have two 2.2uF caps on a 2 dollar amp which doesn't work. Can I use those ? (See pic.)

thank's

rupert

PS I have moved some DAC's around my setup and the funny thing is that when the USB cable is hooked up to the computer, DC offset drops to the LM3875 values as with shorted inputs. Go figure ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 dollar amp.JPG (687.2 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by r100; 5th February 2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 5th February 2015, 03:58 PM   #23
Peter Daniel is offline Peter Daniel  Canada
diyAudio Member

dc offset of 180mv. Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
you can use any caps, some may work better then other or you may not notice a difference at all; it all depends on the rest of equipment and listener perception
Old 5th February 2015, 04:02 PM   #24
Peter Daniel is offline Peter Daniel  Canada
diyAudio Member

dc offset of 180mv. Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozarti View Post
Peter,

As to option 3, do you connect the cap from the 680ohm resistor to the outgoing ground, chassis ground, signal ground, p+ ground, or P-ground? And am I correct that the positive side of the cap should be connected to the resistor?
Fig 1 in datasheet: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...85464276,d.aWw doesn't specify any particular orientation for that cap so you can place it either way.

dc offset of 180mv.Hide this!Advertise here!