• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The CD Transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No reason really, you can put everything into one case.

Attachments

• CDP.jpg
    CDP.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 3,385
No surprise

there is usually nothing so desirable as that which is not readily available.

And when it inevitably becomes widely available everyone wonders what the big deal was.

Of couse, I am one of the worst offenders of this phenomenon borne of wanting something different as much as warnting something better.

Thanks for the answer.

Bye,

PS which output are you using AES/EBU or RCA? My inclination is to replace the RCA with a BNC, just as much because my digital cable is BNC, courtesty of Chris Sommovigo/STEREOVOX.

Rick McInnis

That's actually what I did in assembly in post #42

As to digital interconnect, I'm using Belkin Synapse. I learned about it from goodsoundclub.com forum and this is what Romy says about the cable:

"Belkin in 90s produced a line of audio cables: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. Yes, it was Belkin - the company that does cheap computer stuff. Among all this cables there was Platinum Synopsis (cost $24) - an ugly blue 75Ohn digital cable. This cable sonically is much more interesting then any other S/PDIF cables, at least that I have tried, and it was quite a large number of cables tried for a person who claims to be a normal.

In 2002 Belkin introduced a new revision of the Platinum Synopsis Digital - it was black cable with molded terminator - that Platinum Synopsis was bad sounding cable. In end of the 2002 I spoke with Belkin and they informed me that the old Blue cable is not longer in production and there were only 200 of them left in their inventory. Soon those cables were gone and nowadays it is impossible to found a record of the Blue Platinum Synopsis Digital (#F8C310-03-PLT) when you talk with Belkin support people.

The sonic magnificence of the cable was discovered by a NY friend of mine why purely accidentally used his computer cable in his DAC and was surprised by the result. When I tried it I sold immodestly my digital cables and never even tried anything else since then (I had Dominus Digital at that time). BTW, at that time I bought other Belkin Platinum Series cables - they turned out to be nothing special"

It's my current reference and I don't think I'll ever switch to anything else either ;)

Attachments

• Sinopsis_1.jpg
    Sinopsis_1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3,144
  • Synapse0.jpg
    Synapse0.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,769
  • synapse1.jpg
    synapse1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,627
I recently tried slightly different PS enclosure, made out of 3 x 2 aluminum tubing and 2 x 2 angle. The transformer type is the same I'm using with my DACs (229D20)

Hi Peter,

I try to understand how you wired the rectifiers to the transformer. Did you take the parallel secondaries output or the serie output. I wire my tranformer like you I get a dc voltage of 9 volt. Is it ok ? I use 229D16, wich give 16v in serie and 8v in paralell.

Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.