• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Rectifier board?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could someone tell me if the rectifier board that I got with my LM4780 kit is any good for anything else...

I havnt killed the 4780.. Yet! I just wondered if the same board could be used with any transformer to use on different set-ups, or if each amp needs a different type of arrangement.

Attachments

• phono1.jpg
    phono1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 607
I put this question here since it deals with the power supply.

I'm putting together my second amp from audiosector. I'm using 24v (secondaries) torroid. My question concerns how to calculate the right resistor for the LED. Let's say I have a 40mA LED with 3Vf (voltage forward). First, I multiply the 24v value of the torroid by 1.4 (=33.6) since this is the actual voltage at the rails. Then I use the formula: (V-Vf)/If=resistor value. In this case: 30.6/.040=740. In addition, one might make an adjustment to have the LED operate at 30mA (not as bright) and redo the calculation. Is this the right way to calculate the LED value in a chip amp environment (specifically your 3887 kit)? Thanks for your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.