• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Universal Power Supply PCB

I see R9-R10 listed on the F5 amp BOM Excel spreadsheet...a 3W 2.2K. I presume this is a bleeder resistor that goes somewhere on the PSU board? I also presume that you would need a total of 4 for a symmetrical supply?

EDIT: I guess the BOM I am referencing is more of a "generic" PSU BOM and not for Peter's PSU board. That being said, is there a spot for a bleeder resistor on the universal PSU board? Is it absolutely necessary?

Last edited:
What is the optimal grounding scheme for this PSU when used as V+/V- ? It is for an F5 amp.

Specificaly where is the best place to pick up the chassis ground? Best place to hook up the neg speaker terminals? Do the two center "ground" traces need to be jumpered together?

Thanks!
carl

Yes, it's recommended to connect center ground traces (red jumper in attached pic). That would be your power star ground where all other grounds are connected (also the chassis ground). Attached is also wiring diagram for F5 amp.

Attachments

• ps0o.jpg
    ps0o.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 3,000
  • f5_grounds1.jpg
    f5_grounds1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3,125
Last edited:
Thanks Peter,

I essentially connected as you suggest with the exception of not using the jumper on the PSU board. I ran 6 independent ground leads from the GND of the PSU - one to each neg speaker terminal, one to each amp board, and two to the chassis(one from each side).

Everything appears to be functioning normally and the amp is quiet.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The rectifier section accepts high power diodes mounted as in a picture below (they can be attached directly to a chassis for heat dissipation, isolation pads needed). The board is designed mainly for 3 pin rectifiers, but will work with other diodes packages as well. Here's MUR3060:

I may have made an error here, you say isolation pads are needed? Nuts I used transistor grease and put them directly to the case. I guess I need to remove the grease and use isolation pads here then? I havent fire it up yet thank goodness!

Russellc

Last edited: