• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions

I'm building another chipamp based on Audiosector boards.
Have already soldered 1.500 uF caps on the amp boards, and my intention was to use 10uF FCs on the rectifier board, however now I'm considering using 10.000uF Elna gold caps and snubber in the supply instead.
Should I then decrease the value of the caps near the chips, or will I be OK with those 1.500uF caps?
By the way this amp will include an X-10D tube buffer clone.
/Jan

You will be OK with 1500uF caps on amp board, but you can also use much smaller values, something like 100uF or so. That second option might be probably better, especially if you use more "exotic" caps.

OTOH, the stock configuration may be preferred too, so best is to compare all the options.

The PS board can hold large caps and snubber components.

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 435
Hello, I am back to gainclones
I recently builded an audiosector kit and one point by point, both around the LM3875 chip
I am using a tube buffer at the input and two 10k tocos pots

after an hour or so of music, pafff!!!
I have to run like crazy to decrease the vol pots, before my speakers get kaput
a big noise, woofers at maximum excursion, big panic!!

please help, what can I do? heeeeelpp!!
thank you!

Hi Peter,

Excuse for the mess,,,
This is an experience, before to make my final version, whose photos I'll publish here,,,

So my speakers are slowly cooking,,,
I followed what I drawed, please see my draw

from pot :
1 goes to power ground between caps
2 goes to 220r (amp, in)
3 goes to power ground, on top of 680r - should this one go to pin 8, directly?
positive rca goes to 3 from rca to pot

Album photos GC LM3875-Tocos version - Casimages.com

another experiment, but lm3886
I'll change the bridge, may be schottkys, IF it makes a difference - does it really?
Photo _DSC0638 de l'album LM3886 Premier - Casimages.com

final version (if final), will be two power banks of 64 caps each, per channel, each cap 47uF/50v silmics and z foils for 22k and 220 resistor
if I can avoid the 220r, I will
680r armtrans - is it worth here, or allen bradley?

Last edited:
DC output, measuring in the speakers bananas, from almost zero to 0,14 volts max, floating a lot very fast, very instable
I remember that during both tests I heard music to about an hour
and I noticed that the cones were moving very slowly outside and inside, like slow motion, visible "aller et retours",,,
these movements are not related to the music,,,

Last edited: