Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 2nd April 2016, 06:51 AM   #2131
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsyu View Post
but the wire's insulation tends to resume to its original form.
If this is happening, then you are not doing the same thing.
Quote:
We mean the same things.
Do not try to twist each wire.
Old 9th April 2016, 08:09 AM   #2132
Tri33 is offline Tri33  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Better now

I thought I'd share my finished dual mono lm3875 premium kit.
I started by gutting out an old CD carousel chassis, reinforced it with aluminum to support heavy 300va traffos and built a stereo version with a 10k valab stepped attenuator.
Sounded real nice after installing rf (which I neglected at first and fixed thanks to Mark Whitney) as long as volume was on max since every step below that was barely audible. I tried a 50k which gave the same results.
I researched and then asked for help here which led me to rewire the mess I had. Well since I was going to rewire I might as well just start over and maybe find out what was causing the issues with attenuation. I discovered that I had installed the 220ohm in r2 where 22k should be so thinking that's where the major issue was with attenuation, I was content to believe that without experimenting further.
At this point I was set on a complete revamp to go dual mono without a pot (for now?)
I cut up that aluminum to suit the new layout, twisted all wires (thanks AndrewT) and started testing. I have to say listening to amp now this makes it worth the effort and seems a small price to pay IMO. Sorry for lack of pictures but I keep getting errors trying to upload them.
Old 9th April 2016, 08:52 AM   #2133
diyAudio Member

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Old 9th April 2016, 08:54 AM   #2134
DawgNo1 is offline DawgNo1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri33 View Post
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Ive seen this when i have left a tab open for a while and I try and search the forum on it, seems to go away when i click on the DiyAudio logo for home screen then start again.
Old 9th April 2016, 02:33 PM   #2135
Wwan is offline Wwan  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi guys. Re use my gainclone. Just wonder any help, that when i switch off there will be pop, either loud of soft. You wont get it when lucky. Anyway i can get rid of this? Amp works super good.

Thanks ahead foe feedback

Regards.
Old 9th April 2016, 03:36 PM   #2136
diyAudio Member

Here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160408_211051.jpg (999.5 KB, 246 views)
Old 9th April 2016, 03:40 PM   #2137
diyAudio Member

Another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160408_214055.jpg (983.0 KB, 226 views)
Old 9th April 2016, 05:16 PM   #2138
Peter Daniel is offline Peter Daniel  Canada
diyAudio Member

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructions Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwan View Post
Hi guys. Re use my gainclone. Just wonder any help, that when i switch off there will be pop, either loud of soft. You wont get it when lucky. Anyway i can get rid of this? Amp works super good.
When the amp is wired correctly, there's no pop at any time.

Are you switching source aquipment at the same time? If it's just the amp, check the grounding.
Old 11th April 2016, 03:23 AM   #2139
Wwan is offline Wwan  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Daniel View Post
When the amp is wired correctly, there's no pop at any time.

Are you switching source aquipment at the same time? If it's just the amp, check the grounding.

Hi Peter!

Glad to hear fro you. I am switching off backwards, from Gain clone when shut down. It is a power amp for me with a diy 6922 pre. I am not sure because of installing 2 tranny (local made) which cause the pop. Switching on is fine but sometimes receive mmmm for seconds as I know it is from the pre. I did simply connect the inlet earth to the chassis weeks ago but still the same. Is there any better grounding to recommend? Fyi, it is original premium kit with all parts given and no mode. I did install the little caps provided after rectifying. Now all in an aluminum, 1 chassis. Appreciate your advice.

Best regards,

Alfred.

Last edited by Wwan; 11th April 2016 at 03:28 AM. Reason: add on
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:57 PM   #2140
Abszero is offline Abszero  United States
diyAudio Member

I just bought the kit from Peter and built it for my son. I also built a pair of Fostex small bass reflex speakers to go with it.
Al works great and sounds excellent, but everytime I turn on and off my desk lamp it makes a significant pop in the speakers. Is there any way to deal with it?
Thanks,
Radu

Commercial Gainclone kit- building instructionsHide this!Advertise here!