AudioPoutine ODAC Mounting kit instructions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you got an ODAC from me.. it includes a few misc parts and uses an o2 board as a carrier to slide into the B2-080 case.. this is the instructions on how to install those parts..

mounting_kit_instructions.png

---

why no odac inside o2? here's my take

There was a recurring question about why I don't offer o2 and odac in the same enclosure..

To put the odac into the o2, you would have to remove the batteries, it will take away from the portability of the o2..

the input jack traces has to be extensive modified, cable run inside and under the o2 pcb to hook up the input from the odac -> o2

there was some unconfirmed reports of hiss and hum from the odac installed on top of the o2..

you normally can't install rca into the o2 with the odac.. you can TRY to with my universal panel.. it depends on how you solder q1/q2/u5/u6.. if the are low enough you might be able to get the wiring inside

with the odac+o2 combo, you would have cables coming out from BOTH ends of the o2.. the head amp comes out one end and the usb from the other..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.