Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Ladegaard tonearm - the real DIY winner
Ladegaard tonearm - the real DIY winner
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2012, 11:57 PM   #111
fmelindy is offline fmelindy  Canada
diyAudio Member

So I retooled my carrier and discovered it had a leak and then I discovered that my reservoir had a leak! So, having fixed both of those things, I discovered that I had no problem floating the sled now. However, I had made a design decision for prototyping purposes that I would suspend the shaft from the sled by means of monofilament line, just to see if it would work. This seems to have been a bad decision as now the shaft just seems to "twist" instead of pulling the sled along the arm, causing skipping and getting stuck in a single groove. Looks like I'll have to go back to the drawing board and retool the sled as well. Put this squarely in the "seemed like a good idea at the time" category!
Old 18th February 2013, 03:03 PM   #112
audiomarco is offline audiomarco
diyAudio Member

is there any link that give specific info on how to build an arm?

Ladegaard tonearm - the real DIY winnerHide this!Advertise here!