Need Bang & Olufsen turntable pinout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I already tried that before I posted here. The closest I came was a list of pinouts, none of which, was the DIN for the turntable.
That was http://www.beotech.co.uk/wiring3.htm So I also searched the rest of the diagrams on that site and none of the diagrams are what I am asking about.

I have tried the following Google searches plus a few using Beogram, etc. :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=beogram+turntable+pinout&btnG=Search

and

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=B&O+turntable+pinout&btnG=Search

It is one thing to get results on Google and quite another to get the actual answer to the question. But if you could find an actual pinout for a B&O Beogram 4004 DIN to make an RCA adapter in 5 seconds then I need to know your secret :)

Hi,

Here's a schematic of the PU 5pin DIN plug for the Beogram 4002-6000 series. I hope this is helpful.

Ghianni.

Attachments

• beogram4k_5pindin_plug.jpg
    beogram4k_5pindin_plug.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 921
quadraphonic??, and bent arm....

This is an old link, so let's see if I can revive it!

Hi All

I just unpacked my Beogram 4002 from a long "rest" in storage, and I found 2 things.

1) I can't find my 5-pin DIN to RCA adapter, so the pinout (above) was GREATLY appreciated!!

2) At some point the box was tipped, or bumped, or..., but the optical arm has been 'bent' to the right (touching the tone arm)
Actually, the arm is straight, the 'bend' is where it attaches to the housing at the rear of the unit.

SO...
1) I can make an adapter cable for FL and FR, no problems. But, are there any comments about what to do with the RL and RR wires?? I expect that these are "quadraphonic" outputs. I don't have these speakers, so I'm planning on leaving them disconnected.

2) Any suggestions on how to take the unit apart to try to "unbend" this arm? After a couple minutes of looking, it doesn't seem "simple".

THANKS!!!

Sean

If you send a kind email to "beoinfo1(at)bang-olufsen(dot)dk" asking for a service manual of "Beogram 4002 type xxxx" I am sure their going to send you a hardcopy, if they have one left, for free. BTW what have you done to the schematic in the envelope, inside the turntable ?

Old Post but wondering if someone can help me. I got a Beogram 8000 turntable. Sounds great until I noticed only getting R channel through both speakers. I suspected the RCA/DIN cable since someone replaced it. They took a THX RCA cut off the ends and soldered to the old 5 PIN DIN. I noticed they soldered the both RCA sleeve cables to ground which is pin two, soldered a red wire from Right RCA together with the White Wire LEFT RCA to pin 3, and the white wire from the Right RCA together with the RED wire from the LEFT RCA to Pin 5. Here is my question. In each rca cable I have three wires a white,red and sleeve ground. I know the pin layout for each channel, and can solder, but which wire red or white should I solder to the ouput pins? Both? or just one and ground the other together with the shield ground pin 2? Any help would be great!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.