replacing phono cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I have a Dual 607 and had to replace one of the RCAs because it was bad. Well than I was thinking why don't I just replace the cable itself. Is there anything I need to worry about when replacing the cable, resistance, capacitance, etc? What cable should I go with? I have some Wireworld Oasis cable laying around or some Kimber Hero cable too. Or is there something better out there? While I was at it I was also going to replace the power cord with a bigger three prong one. So do you guys see any problems with doing all this? Any help and opinions are greatly appreceated. Thanks,

John

The only Dual i've ever messed with is a 701. It showed no improvement with anything i did on the PS side, power cord included.

If you are using an MM cart then cable capacitance will have some effect. Make sure you don't use cables with excessively high capacitance and you should be fine. In any case it's a good idea to fine tune capacitance at the input of the phono stage.

No idea how the actual arm wiring and cartridge termination is done on the 607 but very likely you'll get a real improvement out of running a single length of wire between cartridge pins and phono input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.