Really, really extreme phono, more extreme than mine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Maybe you know me by now but does anyboby know any extreme phono amp if we talk circuit design and/or mechanical design?

I'm collecting schematics over phono amps and I notice that many commercial ones are surprisingly simple (and some of them not very well sounding, not even for "non-golden ears")

I'm curious about the X-LP Can amp. Schematics?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
extreme etc

Beautifull!!

Apart from the fact that all that logic can be replaced by a single 20pin dip PIC, that they apparently made a mistake with the alinement of the ribbon connectors and that the quality of the supply will be largely negated by the many solder- and plug connections to get the supply to the main chassis, and a few other things that could be better, not bad at all. $ 35k you said?;)

Jan Didden

Cast the first stone

Don't throw rocks at the Boulder people. No more parts than the ML stuff. It is pretty funny when you think about it though......

H.H.

P.S. More fun from Boulder......

""L3 AE PREAMPLIFIER
Our most affordable full featured Preamplifier includes a selectable
high gain phono stage and balanced outputs.

Quiet, rock solid performance featuring our selectable high gain phono stage. The L3 AE utilizes a total of ten 990 gain stages to insure low distortion and stable operation."

HBarske said:
I can't delver the schematics, but if you are looking for extreme phono amplifiers, you might have a look at this one:
http://www.boulderamp.com/bldramp.2008.html
Don't know the retail price in the US, here in germany it is about 35000$...:bigeyes:
---
Holger

I get the "Nagra" feeling when I see the Boulder amp but I'm a little bit skeptical (right spelled?) about many pcb's with many connectors. Ugh! Generally all connectors gets bad sooner or later. Avoid them as much as possible. I wonder though 35 kUSD, who is the customer? Not a pro?

Narga tape recorder (those of you who don't know) is so extreme and so nice, nice, nice and pleasant! I used it together with a pistol to measure accustics in rooms for deaf children.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
peranders said:

I get the "Nagra" feeling when I see the Boulder amp but I'm a little bit skeptical (right spelled?) about many pcb's with many connectors. Ugh! Generally all connectors gets bad sooner or later. Avoid them as much as possible. I wonder though 35 kUSD, who is the customer? Not a pro?

Narga tape recorder (those of you who don't know) is so extreme and so nice, nice, nice and pleasant! I used it together with a pistol to measure accustics in rooms for deaf children.

What? You shoot one to see if the others can hear it?:D

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.