Help with Phono Cartridge specs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have Shure M91ED and Ortofon VM520E Kark II

Could some kind person provide me with the recommended stylus pressure for each one?

Also, I purchased a working Dual 502 turntable at a garage sale.
This includes the Ortofon cartridge above. I recall that the Dual changers (1209, 1229, etc) used to come with a little plastic jig to set the overhang - the relationshio of the stylus tip to the subshell and ultimately the arm. Does any one know of a source for this . Is it model specific or a "one model does all?" Failing having the jig is there an alternate solution or is there a way to eyeball it?

Thanks for any help.

dunc,

i suggest a tracking force of 1.5gr for the Ortofon and between 1 and 1.5 gr. for theshure. But your ears have to decide; after having established the cartridge is tracking fine and not distorting on loud passages (maybe you use a test record if you have one), you should choose the TF which suits your ears best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.