Ortofon MC 3 Turbo quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gday.

Today, i decided to buy a new pickup, to replace
a defect shure pickup (High-out-MC coz, i atm. got MM stage.)
I have used both ortofon, Audio Technika and Denon before.
I had setled for a Denon dl160. ( temp.)
I then went to my dealer, but he was out of Denon 160, and i wasn`t willing to wait a week, for a new stock.
But i got a Ortofon MC 3T for the same price, (guess i feel lucky.
pricewise.)

Anyone here have experience with this one.?

:)

Hi, I used both the M3C turbo and the previous model X3 MC (i think that was its name). Not a bad system, elevated in the highs, leading to hissy sybillants (s - sounds, good test is tracy chapmans 1.)which can be annoying, good bass reproduction.
But - at a little more than twice the price you get a shure v15vxmr (usually 329$ at ebay) which beats the mc 3 anyday and has been my favourite for several years. Less shrill, better overall tonal balance and very defined bass reproduction. Sybillants are reproduced without hiss, very natural. Maybe save a little and buy this one - its worth it.

Gday.

I have used shure models, from early 70`s to mid 90`s,
and whatever they all have a soundstage that`s
very mature and solid.
So, yes. am deffinetly going to be on the lookout for
replacement. To bad my dealer (hifi klubben) doesn`t carry them,
but that`s not going to be a problem.

Regarding the table & arm. This is/was a original rega 2.5,
the drive itself are mounted in a 40x5cm massive wodden block,
silicon/teflon suspension etc. (new motor, DD)
The 250 arm is modded with new counter weight, new headshell,
slotted and polished, rewired with homemade silver/copper
directly from pickup to amp.

Gday.

Just started to evaluate this pickup.
Since Black Sabbath where on the platter, it was a obvious
choice. (The Wizard). (not the right shoice, but.)
My setup atm. isn`t very good, but still for a quasi-stereo
recording, this pickup sounds good.
Early Sabbath lack a bit LF, the area from 110 and up
are good maybe a bit "crispy" hights, but i suspect one of my tweters to gone bad.
So far, so good.
:)

Ortofon MC-3 Turbo Cartridge

Ortofon MC-3 Turbo Cartridge
Been using the Ortofon MC-3 Turbo Cartridge on my table for about 10 years now. I can truly say after listening to cartridges THREE times the price, this little "high output" cartridge really holds it's own! Has a Nude Fine Line Diamond which provides a long life and great sound. Amazing "seperation," "tight bass," "crisp highs," and great tracking at only 2gr. (Recommended tracking force). Works well with any mid-range systems. At around $300 you WON'T beat it. A+

Adam
:cop: email address removed :cop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.