Transformer-based volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here in the diyAudio forums so bare with me for moment....maybe even just humor me!

I am thinking of constructing a transformer based volume control and was looking for information on gathering parts - cost effectively! I have seen a few kits out there, but no real resource for the transformers, pots, etc. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, transformer types, and what type of pot to use etc...All the info that I have read seems to make me believe that they are great!....any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Wayne

Transformers/Attenuator Supply

That is one thing that I had a question on....I was not sure if it was a pot or an attenuator that is connected to the transforner for controlling the volume (physical control).

Also, I have seen both the Bent Audio and the Django kits...I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of just purchasing the transformers and attenuator controls...Like Sowter (UK?), but somewhere here in the US. I would also like some information specific to the type of transformer needed.

Wayne

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.