Thorens Td166 mkii plinth dimensions

Hi,

Wish to build A new wooden plinth (also called "sub chassis"?) for my Thorens Td166 mkii.

But i really know NOTHING in this...only to make it.

Here I need the crowd helping:
Have you have found here or anywhere A sketch of the Td166 mkii plinth and remember where?
If do - a sketch & dimensions would be SUPER helpful!

I know only to work ... i dont know anything in sketching.

Thank you so much!!!

You can measure the dimensions without disassembling. Just measure the top aluminium panel dimensions and add +1 mm for the internal dimensions. The height you can measure externally. There are triangle shaped wooden blocks in the corners, most likely the same dimensions as for the TD160 Super and the others in the same family. Also the cutout for the cables is not very critical. You can take the position from your existing plinth.

Edit: I checked the web for the word "plinth" and I found everywhere the wooden box holding all the stuff. There are hinges on the rear for the acrylic top cover. The real metal subchassis is suspended by three coil springs with screws fixed to the top chassis. And the top chassis is fixed to the wooden box (plinth) on its corners by four screws. The top steel chassis is covered by a cosmetic aluminium panel. It is a simple but effective construction.

Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long...I forgot to replay.

Although the dimensions are not shown --have you seen this website with a view of the internals ?
Inside TD160MK2
There is a super version of the MK11 .
Yes, i looked all around theanalogdept.
Sadly no section for 166 mk ii.
I dont know (you?) if the td 160 mk ii& 166 mk ii shares the same plinth dimensions.

You can measure the dimensions without disassembling. Just measure the top aluminium panel dimensions and add +1 mm for the internal dimensions. The height you can measure externally. There are triangle shaped wooden blocks in the corners, most likely the same dimensions as for the TD160 Super and the others in the same family. Also the cutout for the cables is not very critical. You can take the position from your existing plinth.

Edit: I checked the web for the word "plinth" and I found everywhere the wooden box holding all the stuff. There are hinges on the rear for the acrylic top cover. The real metal subchassis is suspended by three coil springs with screws fixed to the top chassis. And the top chassis is fixed to the wooden box (plinth) on its corners by four screws. The top steel chassis is covered by a cosmetic aluminium panel. It is a simple but effective construction.

Is it so simple? just measuring aluminium panel ???
What do you mean measure the height of chassis externally?
That's not matter if it 1cm...5cm higher? (of caurse not less than the original)

I found A sketch for MK 160.
Do you know if this model shares the same dimensions as 166 mk ii?

Thanks so much for both of you!

Attachments

• td160.JPG
    td160.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 233