Mark Levinson JC-1DC

Recently was cleaning out my father in-laws basement and found a Mark Levinson JC-1DC Moving Coil Cartridge Preamplifier (Serial# 0063) that he had. Found this forum based on searching the web and was hoping that someone here could give me more info on it. Don't believe I have the equipment to test it, but based on putting batteries in it and connecting a couple speakers to the output jacks, it seems to work. Does look like the battery holder may have been replaced at some point or re-soldered. Is it worth anything, and if so, what would be a reasonable amount I could get for it, since I really can't fully test it?

Really appreciate any help!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cant open up your links but it doesn't matter I have seen the internals.

Its the battery version of the AC version power supply ---IF and that means you can play music using it when you say "works " then you can sell it for quite a bit of $$$ but if you are going to advertise it for sale as "working " you better be sure of your facts before somebody sues you for a faulty unit.

A guy in NJ is selling a working AC version for $1300 , yours IF fully working would be much lower than that but say $500+ , try and prove it works okay US laws on bad selling practices are strict.

Here the circuit:

Attachments

• Mark Levinson JC-1DC.pdf
    51.8 KB · Views: 115
  • JC-1.JPG
    JC-1.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Appreciate it.

This might be a silly question, but is there an easy way to test it? I don't have access to a phono player, but I would think there is some way I could test the functionality of it using possibly a computer, iPod, etc.. I definitely want to sell it so someone can get some use out of it, but would like to know if it actually works before I put it up on eBay.

All one needs to do is copy the link and then paste the link into a new browser window..
That's it..

No as easy as you think , I got a new open source browser that opens most DIY Audio pictures but some have tracking links built in to the apps they use which are blocked by my apps I am not willing to disable my security apps for a picture only for DIY Audio itself.

Coding is contained in some apps that even clicking on them gets a tracking cookie or one of the newer deeper ones into your PC.

I want to know the differences (concerning circuit topology) between the modules for JC-1 - go to second picture under
https://theaudiostandard.net/thread/4790/history-mark-levinson-audio-systems
and JC-1DC which is obviously in most cases in a not potted version in use as I note in the meantime.

But I had the potted version of the JC-1DC approximately 20-25 years ago (maybe the first charge of it - manufactured in the same years and the same kind than the potted JC-1 module), which I had sanded down on the soldering side to create the circuit diagram so that the conductor tracks just appeared.

Schematics of JC-1DC which I have created at those days are to find under
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...etween-mark-levinsons-jc-1-and-jc-1dc.243267/
I think, the mostly to find not potted PCB version use the same circuit topology.

There is a third version of this head amp: the JC-1AC - go to
https://totalaudio.net/entry/Mark-Levinson-마크-레빈슨-사의-MC포노-헤드엠프-JC-1AC-입니다-레모버젼-RCA버젼

There are probably even more JC-1 versions.