New motor for Oracle Delphi MK II ?

Hi,
I bought one old Oracle Delphi MKII with broken Papst Motor. I am looking for a new motor for Delphi.

There is one Origin Live kit for Oracle and others turntables.

Turntable Motor and Power Supply Replacement - Money Back Guarantee

Oracle Delphi Motor Supply Kit Fitting Instructions | Origin Live

I am thinking about buying it, but it is not so cheap. Does anybody know which exactly DC motor type is it ?

Or maybe somebody can advice me, which motor should i take ?
Premotec (like in LP12 and many oters) could be interesting.

I have Heed Orbit 2, so i could use it with it, i just need a right pulley.

I will be thankfull for any suggestions.

Thanks, i will search for Maxon. Today i was cleaning the Delphi for two hours. It is a real beauty ...

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_233850.jpg
    IMG_20210507_233850.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 169
I too have an Oracle Delphi Mk ii and the motor has apparently decided to leave the chat. Making noise and running fast/slow irregularly.

Would like to continue using the factory switches on the front and co figuration if possible though. Did your mods work out for you?

Attachments

• 0BE9D423-8553-4122-BB2D-626C69852790.jpeg
    0BE9D423-8553-4122-BB2D-626C69852790.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 76
The O/L is not very good & massively over priced. The motor is not a Maxon as many people thing, & the control circuit a 7 year old could design better one.
But it does the job if you have the money. However you can DIY to a much higher standard for 25% of the price.

Cheers

Quick follow up from my experience. I spoke with Jacques Riendeau from Oracle shortly after posting this. He instructed me how to properly align and set up the fully floating brushless armature and get it tuned perfectly.

Once that got done insert the speed properly and was able to repair an aging solder connection to the front panel and the turntable is 100% tip top now.

Enthusiast owned companies are the best.

HI Froggy,

Just discovered this thread.

Interesting info you shared regarding Oracle Delphi motor and your conversation with Jacques Riendeau.

I have a Delphi Mark III (serial number 7955) which is exhibiting some strange motor behavior.

I am not sure what kind of motor is installed on my particular Delphi.

Wondering if it is the same as your Delphi motor.

So I enclose a pic and am asking you if this is the same kind of motor that you have and that you discussed with Jacques Riendeau of Oracle.

If yes, and if its not too much trouble...can you share with us the instructions you got from Jacques regarding how to
"properly align and set up the fully brushless armature and get it tuned perfectly" ?

Thank you very much.

Curt

Attachments

• oracleA.jpeg
    oracleA.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 90
  • oracleB.jpeg
    oracleB.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 82
HI Froggy,

Just discovered this thread.

Interesting info you shared regarding Oracle Delphi motor and your conversation with Jacques Riendeau.

I have a Delphi Mark III (serial number 7955) which is exhibiting some strange motor behavior.

I am not sure what kind of motor is installed on my particular Delphi.

Wondering if it is the same as your Delphi motor.

So I enclose a pic and am asking you if this is the same kind of motor that you have and that you discussed with Jacques Riendeau of Oracle.

If yes, and if its not too much trouble...can you share with us the instructions you got from Jacques regarding how to
"properly align and set up the fully brushless armature and get it tuned perfectly" ?

Thank you very much.

Curt

Different motor… but I would suggest calling Oracle and speaking with customer service… they were really epic.