Goldmund Studietto JVC motor info wanted

Hi all
I have inherited a Goldmund Studietto in VERY poor shape. It was completely destroyed during shipping after shipper didn't pack it well. I can restore it somewhat, forget about cosmetics and some parts will have to be replaced with home-brewed variety ))) My main concern was the motor. It is a JVC direct drive unit, same as used in QL-A75. I soldered back some wires, and improvised switch connections (since all three switches were destroyed as well). Great news is that it's working. It starts strong and within 2 seconds quartz lock LED lights-up. But there's something screwy with the ON-OFF switch: the normal state is actually ON, so when I put jumpers in the OFF position, motor stops, but my bench power supply still shows a current draw of 60 mA. I remember way back when I was rich and famous and had a Studio, it liked it's power supply constantly on, and it was slightly warm. So I wonder if this is a factory design to keep electronics warm? Or some caps are leaking on the motor control board? Or? Ant advice appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_7675.jpg
    IMG_7675.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I see this posting and see that you have gotten a destroyed player working again, I also have a problem with a Studietto with T5 arm and unfortunately have to deal with broken cabling from the arm to the electronics, the wiring has been torn off the solder tabs and unfortunately I can no longer distinguish colors and it is therefore no longer possible to figure out which wire should be in which place.
Do you happen to have photos of the wiring or a diagram available?