Mober DC motor kit for Roksan Xerxes 20 plus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your Australian link doesn't like me ( Groove Audio ) thinks I am a bot even after ticking the captcha boxes but I got hifiaf.com which gave me a look at it .

I also accessed an Australian audio website where a guy is selling them ( Victoria ) having bought them ( where else ? ) in Hong Kong .

But reading up on Edmund Chan he sells kits for "upgrading " most Linn record decks-- no mention of any other makes -he sells bearings etc for them .

Reading the whole article even fitting the upgrades to a Linn is no "5 minute job " and drilling and sawing take place so telling you ---"it will fit a Roksan Xerxes 20plus " would be very speculative and his stuff is not cheap.

Your motor kit is priced at nearly $1000 with shipping so it would take a "brave man " to tell you to go ahead ---which wont be me .

Very modern looking deck your Xerxes and not cheap (£3000+) and its not a suspended deck which ( according to the manufacturers ) is specially designed to combat vibration /noise etc "after 20 years of research " so drilling and sawing -IMHO -- would not be a good idea --but maybe somebody here thinks its a "good idea " ?

On further checking your deck has a "specially designed motor that "turns on its axis " to compensate for torque fluctuations and its got "special rubber damping" --in other words the whole deck casing is tuned to eliminate specific frequencies -- just makes me more sure -- NO ! WFC --don't do it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.