Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

What about a 15 inch pivot tonearm?
What about a 15 inch pivot tonearm?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2021, 05:23 PM   #11
dreamth is offline dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

@russel

After reading Tejinder article I realized you can't get better than the original Beogram 2202 toneram when using its cartridge , but i wanted to use this tonearm externaly with some Duals and PE turntables so i had to have at least 12 inch for that matter.I have an etremey light tonearm attached directly to the cartridge though and if the results won't be good enough, cutting a toneram from 12 to whatever length might accomodate a better performance is much easier than making it longer On the other hand i'm using a very high quality elastic and esily replaceable adhesive between cartridge and tonearm and i hope that will solve a lot of the possible problems except the vertical behavior of the tonearm effective mass .Still didn't have a try, but it took me 3 weeks only to make the pure horror lift system work....
Old 3rd May 2021, 08:00 PM   #12
12russel3456 is offline 12russel3456  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi,
adhesive between cartridge and tonearm?. Mmmmm do not sound a steady locking.

Adelmo
Old 4th May 2021, 10:48 AM   #13
dreamth is offline dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

It's a 0.3mm elastic jelly like but firmer adhesive which will damp any low resonance decoupling the cart from the arm.Altough the usual way is to use some brass to damp the cartridge trough weight , that's a commercial approach aimed at giving long time reliable use, although sacrificing effective weight performance, while this is my tonearm and i can replace that damping any time in the future . Schuller Eh'klar - DUO TAPE double-sided adhesive tapes

Last edited by dreamth; 4th May 2021 at 10:52 AM.
  Reply to this post

What about a 15 inch pivot tonearm?Hide this!Advertise here!