Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

AC motor drive from single-ended supply
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2021, 11:05 PM   #11
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airprodigy View Post
...However a quadrature oscillator requires 3 RC segments whereas this only appears to have 2 ....
I agree. 2 can work only at infinity. In practice two obvious poles won't sing, but one more much higher pole will bring it to the sing point, but with poor control of frequency.

The Quadrature Oscillator

https://backend.orbit.dtu.dk/ws/port...P-F4-9047p.pdf

It is always possible the drawing is incomplete. Or that the amplitude control (Zener thing) hides a pole.
Old 27th February 2021, 11:42 AM   #12
msdin is offline msdin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airprodigy View Post
I realise the circuit contains an RC oscillator . However I am a bit puzzled - it seems to most closely resemble a quadrature oscillator using the two top left op amps. However a quadrature oscillator requires 3 RC segments whereas this only appears to have 2 ( consisting of the 1% toleranced caps and resistors, I assume). I'm obviously missing something here!
Sorry my mistake.
I've notice the TD320 circuit is different to the Phonosophie.

The TD320 oscillator is more like a State Variable Filter Oscillator.

ESP - Sinewaves
  Reply to this post

AC motor drive from single-ended supplyHide this!Advertise here!