RT-81 mod wiring help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help with modding my RT-81, going to direct wire the RCAs to the wires going to the arm board, I see there's a seperate left and right +, seperate L and R ground, and a arm ground. On the main circuit board there's a pretty solid ground wire going to the bearing housing. My question is do I direct wire the L and R + - to the RCA cables, and the tone arm and bearing housing to the post on the back for ground? Can't really follow the board all that well, and the only other post online the guy just solders in jumpers, but kinda feel this is paralleling the circuit thats already there and theoretically altering the sound. Working on DIYing the plinth to a marantz looking style. Hopefully will spin again tomorrow!
View attachment 914381 View attachment 914382

What do you hope to achieve with this mod audio-wise? You do realize that the signal path to the groove on your record has already gone through perhaps a dozen mechanical connections in the form of microphone plugs, mixing console switches, and cutter amplifier interconnections?

Ray K

What do you hope to achieve with this mod audio-wise? You do realize that the signal path to the groove on your record has already gone through perhaps a dozen mechanical connections in the form of microphone plugs, mixing console switches, and cutter amplifier interconnections?

Ray K
There's a built in phono preamp that though you switch to off, still runs through a series of resistors effecting the higher frequencies. Dont care about connectors, but resistors do effect sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.