What cartridge upgrade from a Shure V15 V-MR?

For the b&os: give them some running time (at least 40 record sides). Normally bass gets better after some "exercise" with such old stock. The B&Os are quite good and might even be more to your taste than the Shure. It might also help to add some weight to the headshell. e.g. blue tack or more professionally by a spacer, e.g. VPI Stainless Steel 3g Headshell Weight - Analogue Seduction

Mike

For El Donkey, a couple of cclose ups of my MMC2. They will never make them like this again! photo courtesy of Ray Parkhurst who was checking the wear on it.

Note there is an odd cut on the diamond but the wear surfaces are in great condition as it was used on a linear tracker.

billshurv,

Did you get your B&O back and give it a run?

I have a different tonearm in the pipeline so will retry my mmc20cl. The vocals and sound stage were excellent but on the 9CC arm the bass was light compared to how they perform on a beogram 4000.
The new tonearm may go in the wrong direction being 11g mass but I will try it to find out.
Since this thread started i have updated the LP12 a lot.

I have tested several B&Os. I found the B&O to be pretty middle of the road. In back-to-back testing, I would say it's the same as the Ortofon 5e. I asked them about making replacements for the B&O. They said no. What a shame. So many useless turntables that are as good (and automatic), or better maybe, than the Project Debut Carbon. IMHO.

I have a Type V body. On the fence about buying a Jico Stylus. Opinions are all over. The ones that like it most say that it needs about 29-47K and ~600pf total to sound best. Somewhat of a stretch for most average systems I assume. I can cover those setting. But I don't know anything so...

I have a Type II I use now. Good output, good highs, great bass, tracks well. PITA to mount. Hard to tell difference between it and CD.

I have an ADC XLMIII with the carbon headshell. It's my favorite. I don't use it often to just play records. Only when I am seriously listening or ripping. Stereo separation is fantastic. I often wonder it the regular XLMIII sounds as good. I should buy one when possible.

If I was on a tight budget, I would use an AT110E or whatever the equivalent is now. Great output, lively sounding. Good for rock. No complaints.

That's my $0.02.

Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop: @Tunç balcı You must post here in English, nit Turkish. DiyAudio is an English language forum.

1678142509044.png

Google Chrome ayarlarda bir şeyler olmalı ben de ona bakıyorum şimdi benim bildiğim iki dil var İngilizce ve Almanca ikisini de Türkçeye çeviriyor kullandığım Türkçe Windows ama bu da neden değil :(

:cop: Translation: There must be something in the Google Chrome settings, I'm looking at it now there are two languages I know English and German it translates both into Turkish Turkish Windows I use but this is not why